Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious vegetable side dish.
- 1⁄4 lb sliced bacon, diced
- 2 cups fresh corn
- 1⁄2 lb lima beans
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until it's crisp.
- Put the bacon on paper towels and reserve 1 tbsp of drippings; add the corn, beans, green pepper and onion to the drippings; simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are almost tender, adding water if necessary.
- Stir in tomatoes and bacon; cook just until tomatoes are heated through.
Wonderful, something fun and new I have never ate before. I have never eaten succotash, but was told that I would like it. The veggies give a delicious flavor. The only thing I did differently was I did not use tomatoes, I used turkey bacon, and a lot of fresh ground black pepper. What a great addition to a meal. Also, 1 Weight Watcher's point per serving (roughly). I will be looking forward to leftovers for sure. Thank you.
Very easy to make. My husband rated 8 or 9 on a scale of 1 to 10. Added a little salt and black pepper because I like it a little spicier.
Very nice! I skipped the bacon, but added a little Splenda and a sprig of Rosemary. Made with South Beach Salmon w/Creamy Lemon Sauce #109817 and Coconut Ginger Rice #26974, all the flavors accented each other very well. Thank you for a great recipe!