Found this vegan recipe in the As You Like It Cookbook, 2001, along with its regular counterpart.
Make and share this Down Home Pancakes (Vegan) recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml unbleached white flour
- 118.29 ml oat flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml sea salt
- 295.73 ml water
- 177.44 ml soymilk
- 14.79 ml flax seed meal
- 14.79 ml pure maple syrup
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 29.58 ml canola oil (yes, again)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda & salt, then set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the water, soy milk, flax meal, maple syrup & just 1 tablespoon of canola oil, blending well.
- Pour wet ingredients into the flour mixture, & mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons of canola oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- For each pancake, pour 1/2 cup of batter into the frying pan & spread into a 4-inch circle, then cook about 1 1/2 minutes, or until the tops are bubbly & the edges are dry.
- Using a spatula, turn the pancakes over & cook for another minute, or until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Serve hot with the topping of your choice.