1/2 Photos of Down Home Pancakes (Vegan)
Sydney Mike's Note:
Found this vegan recipe in the As You Like It Cookbook, 2001, along with its regular counterpart.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup soymilk
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (yes, again)
- 1In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda & salt, then set aside.
- 2In another mixing bowl, whisk together the water, soy milk, flax meal, maple syrup & just 1 tablespoon of canola oil, blending well.
- 3Pour wet ingredients into the flour mixture, & mix together with a wooden spoon.
- 4Heat the 2 tablespoons of canola oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- 5For each pancake, pour 1/2 cup of batter into the frying pan & spread into a 4-inch circle, then cook about 1 1/2 minutes, or until the tops are bubbly & the edges are dry.
- 6Using a spatula, turn the pancakes over & cook for another minute, or until the bottoms are golden brown.
- 7Serve hot with the topping of your choice.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Down Home Pancakes (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 701.1
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1031.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.9 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 20.0 g