1/3 Photos of Down Home Pancakes
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe was found in the As You Like It Cookbook, 2001 along with its vegan counterpart! We find them very satisfying when topped with a simple, not too sweet, homemade fruit sauce like blueberries!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda & salt, then set aside.
- 2In another mixing bowl, whisk together the water, milk, egg, maple syrup & butter, blending well.
- 3Pour wet ingredients into the flour mixture, & mix together with a wooden spoon.
- 4Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- 5For each pancake, pour 1/2 cup of batter into the frying pan & spread into a 4-inch circle, then cook about 1 1/2 minutes, or until the tops are bubbly & the edges are dry.
- 6Using a spatula, turn the pancakes over & cook for another minute, or until the bottoms are golden brown.
- 7Serve hot with the topping of your choice.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Down Home Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 714.5
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 109.9 mg
- Sodium 1055.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 20.8 g