Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe was found in the As You Like It Cookbook, 2001 along with its vegan counterpart! We find them very satisfying when topped with a simple, not too sweet, homemade fruit sauce like blueberries!
Top Review by loof
These are terrific pancakes! Very light and fluffy, which is surprising with the wheat and oat flour. The cinnamon was a great addition, giving these that little extra something without tasting strongly of cinnamon. Loved these - thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml unbleached white flour
- 118.29 ml oat flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml sea salt
- 236.59 ml water
- 177.44 ml milk
- 1 medium egg
- 14.79 ml pure maple syrup
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 29.58 ml canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda & salt, then set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the water, milk, egg, maple syrup & butter, blending well.
- Pour wet ingredients into the flour mixture, & mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- For each pancake, pour 1/2 cup of batter into the frying pan & spread into a 4-inch circle, then cook about 1 1/2 minutes, or until the tops are bubbly & the edges are dry.
- Using a spatula, turn the pancakes over & cook for another minute, or until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Serve hot with the topping of your choice.