Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is comfort food at its best! It has a really creamy sauce and is quick to make too.
- 8 ounces macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, cheese-shredded
- Boil noodles; drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add the flour and stir about a minute.
- Add the milk and stir until it thickens a bit.
- Now add the cheese and stir until blended. Its ready to eat, just mix with the noodles. If you prefer you can bake it in a 350° oven for 15 minutes in a greased casserole dish (uncovered). We prefer it fresh off the stove, its creamiest then!