1/15 Photos of Down Home Macaroni and Cheese
My kids don't like most homemade macaroni and cheese dishes, but they love this one. It is creamy and cheesy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in large saucepan on low heat.
- 2Blend in flour and salt; cook and stir 1 minute.
- 3Gradually add milk; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- 4Add prepared cheese product and 1-1/2 cups of the shredded cheese; stir until melted. Stir in macaroni.
- 5Pour into lightly greased 1-1/2-quart casserole.
- 6Melt remaining 1 Tablespoon butter; toss with bread crumbs.
- 7Sprinkle casserole with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bread crumb mixture.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Down Home Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.0
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 86.2 mg
- Sodium 1010.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 20.2 g