Prep 8 hrs
Cook 20 mins
I can honestly say I will never ever make another kind of grilled hamburger. These are wonderful. I found this recipe online a few years back and make them as often as I can. The ingredients sound a little strange because of the sour cream, but I think that's what makes them so good. Make sure to keep the patties well chilled until ready for the grill. I generally double or even triple this recipe for company. *NOTE: Make sure these burgers are chilled very well, otherwise they will fall apart on the grill.
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped, with tops
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns
Toppings Of Your Choice
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- Mix sour cream, chopped green onions, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Mix this in with the ground meat until combined well.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Place on waxed paper lined cookie sheet.
- Cover with foil or plastic wrap.
- Place in refrigerator until well chilled, otherwise they fall apart.
- I usually make them in the morning to cook early evening.
- Grill on Medium High heat for 4 to 6 minutes on each side.
- Serve on Hamburger bun with toppings to your liking.
These are really good. We make up a bunch and freeze them. When we go to use them we just take them out and throw them on the grill. They come out great. Never had them fall apart.
Absolutely do not like way burger seasoned. Sour Cream did not add and neither did green onion, although I am a lover of both. Salt and lemon pepper were sufficient. Will not make again.
These turned out nicely for me... I liked the soft texture. I used light sour cream, and about 1/4 cup regular onion, and put them in the freezer for 15 minutes before grilling... would have done it longer, but that is all the time I had. These will certainly get another go. I'll probaby do a bit more seasoning, but wanted to try it as is the first time. Thank you for the recipe. :)