Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup green bell pepper, minced
- 3 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1⁄3 cup white corn kernels, cooked
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine mayonnaise and egg in a large bowl.
- Add green pepper, onion, corn, mustard and pepper Stir in crabmeat and 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs, or enough to hold mixture together.
- Shape into 8 patties and coat with remaining bread crumbs.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet. Add crab cakes, in batches, and fry until lightly browned on both sides.
- Serving Ideas : Serve with your favorite tartar sauce
Nice recipe. I omited the corn since I didn;t have any on hand and added a little seafood seasoning. I also used canned crab meat. Very tasty. Thanks! Amy