1/1 Photo of Down Home Chicken Pot Pie
This is an ole down home pot pie. I love to make this on a dreary day...it is definitely C-O-M-F-O-R-T food. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup Crisco
- 1 tablespoon Crisco
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon celery seed
- 2 -3 tablespoons cold water
- 1For crust, place flour, salt, celery seed in bowl. Cut in Crisco then stir in water, use more water if needed to hold crust together.
- 2Divide dough in half and roll out two crusts. Place one crust on the bottom of your pan (sometimes I use a pie plate and sometimes I just use a 9x9 pan).
- 3For filling, melt the butter in a saucepan.
- 4Stir in your flour with the garlic, salt and pepper.
- 5Using a wire whisk gradually stir in water, milk and bouillon. Bring to a boil and boil until thickened.
- 6Remove from the heat and stir in your Veg All and chicken.
- 7Place the filling in the pan containing the bottom crust.
- 8Top with other crust and bake at 350 degrees until top crust is browned and pie is bubbly. About 25-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Down Home Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1581 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2667.5
- Calories from Fat 1538
- Total Fat 170.9 g
- Saturated Fat 72.9 g
- Cholesterol 395.8 mg
- Sodium 4423.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 176.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.4 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 105.3 g