Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Gina Neely says this is her go to recipe when she makes bean salad. This gives a nice fresh, zippy flavor to whatever she adds it to! From Down Home with the Neely's cookbook.
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard (or Dijon mustard)
- 1⁄4 cup champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 -3 dashes hot sauce (Frank's or Texas Pete is good)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Whisk together the garlic, mustard, champagne vinegar, lemon juice, honey, hot sauce, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Slowly whisk in the oil until the dressing is emulsified.
- Or you can place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Enjoy!
Hrrrmmmm, the five stars didn't show up in my original review, so I'm posting again to make sure it gets the five stars it deserves. :) Seems this overwrote the original review. Sheesh, I need to learn how posting reviews works. Third time's a charm.... Not sure what I said in the original review except that this makes a FABULOUS salad dressing. I later tried it slathered on black-eyed peas--also delicious. For the mustard, I used one tablespoon of regular dijon and one tablespoon of horseradish dijon. (Both Annie's Naturals.) Oh, and I used Melinda's Original Habanero Pepper Sauce. Very tasty.