Recipe by Gods Child
I found this on Allrecipes.com web site and it was good. SUBMITTED BY: Lillian Merkel "This recipe is my Mother's and everyone loves it when she makes it. She is 86 and a wonderful cook. I am submitting it in her name. This is good home cooking." Original recipe yield: 4 to 6 servings
Top Review by Madson7
The family loved this. The only thing I changed was adding an extra potato and extra carrots. I was given the okay by my "boys" (and one of the girlfriends) to make this again. Thank you
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 large fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb kielbasa, cut into 1 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, heavy skillet over medium high heat, fry the bacon until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the bacon and leave the fat in the skillet.
- Then place the potatoes, broccoli, celery, carrots, and onion in the bacon fat, reduce heat to medium and saute for 5 minutes.
- Place the kielbasa over all, to allow the juices to trickle down over the vegetables.
- Saute for 5 to 10 more minutes, or to desired tenderness on the vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Crumble the reserved bacon and return it to the skillet, and stir to combine.