Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this on the back of a diced tomatoes can.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup Mexican-style corn
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes in puree
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rice
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can peas, drained
- Brown beef and onion in a large skillet until no longer pink, drain.
- Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT peas. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes. Blend in peas.
- Cover and remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Serve.
Very nice. Perfect after soccer meal. Easy and filling. Most ingredients you would have in the house already. Kids and adults both enjoyed it. My son wanted to use it as a taco or burrito filling in the future. Thanks for sharing looneytunesfan!