Prep 45 mins
Cook 35 mins
Hot pepper sauce adds a little zip to the tender chicken.
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 (8 ounce) bone-in skinless chicken breast halves
- In small saucepan, combine the first 11 ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Reserve 1/3 cup sauce for basting. Cover and refrigerate the remaining sauce.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place chicken over drip pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20 minutes. Turn; grill 15-25 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with reserved sauce. Serve with remaining sauce.
We really enjoyed this simple little recipe a lot thank you. I used a hot mustard, probably closer to a teaspoon of hot sauce, and I used chicken thighs with the bone in, instead of breasts.