Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a simple recipe for baked beans, and oh so good.
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 (28 ounce) cans baked beans
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain, crumble and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine beans, chili sauce, onion, brown sugar and bacon.
- Pour into a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
I was just about to enter my favorite recipe be baked beans and thought I should check to see if someone had already entered it! YES! We LOVE these baked beans. We serve them at every bar-b-que we have. I've also been known to cook the bacon and then mix the rest into the crock-pot in the morning and set it on low until the bar-b-que. Works great too!