Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe I got from my Pop. Every christmas we have a big breakfest with all the family and this is a definent favorite. I hope you enjoy it as well
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 (18 ounce) jar raspberry preserves
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb confectioners' sugar
- Slice bread length wise.
- Spread 1/2- 3/4 cup preserves on each slice of bread.
- Place in freezer overnight.
- Mix cream cheese, confectioners sugar and nuts until it is a very heavy paste.
- Spread on one slice of bread.
- Place the slices of bread together, wrap in foil and leave in the freezer overnight.
- To serve slice while still frozen, dip in egg and cook in a frying pan or griddle.