Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Your family will love this recipe.
- 1 cup rice, not instant
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can French onion soup, condensed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free chicken broth
- creole seasoning, to your taste
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Spray a 9X13-inch pan with nonfat, nonstick cooking spray.
- Place ingredients into pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- After the first 15 minutes stir ingredients to break-up the ground beef.
- Continue to stir every 15 minutes until the ground beef is broken into bite-sized pieces.
- *You can also substitute ground chicken, turkey or pork.
I felt like the dish was too bland. No one in my family raved about it either. I did add some cajun seasoning to the leftovers to give it some flavor, but don't think that I will be making this again.
Excellent dish. I had 1/2 lb ground turkey so I used that with 1/2 lb ground beef, added some liquid smoke and tabasco and served it with tortilla's. Made a very filling and excellent dinner. Thanks.
My family really enjoyed this recipe. My picky eater really liked it and he doesnt eat rice. I made this as a side for the cajun oven fried chicken