Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my Cousin Joy's recipe. With this dish serve tiny new potatoes and tiny buttered peas.
- 1 cup flour
- 6 quail or 6 doves
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons salt (divided)
- 2 tablespoons pepper (divided)
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- Flour the birds lightly.
- Fry out the Bacon in a large skillet, then Remove and keep it warm.
- Saute the birds in the Bacon Fat, browning them well on all sides. reduce the heat and continue cooking until they are just tender, about 12 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Remove the Birds to a hot platter and garnish with he Bacon.
- Spoon out all but 3 tablespoons of fat.
- Add 4 tablespoons of flour and blend well.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Gradually stir in the cream and cook, stirring until smooth and thickened.
- Season with Salt and Pepper and add the chopped parsley.
- Give this sauce quite a high seasoning.
- Serve in a sauce boat.