Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
An easy to prepare, very tasty game bird. This recipe is courtesy of the San Antonio Jr. League.
- 12 doves
- flour, for dusting birds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapenos or 2 ounces chopped green chilies
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- D andst birds with flour& brown in dutch oven in butter& oil.
- Add chicken stock, garlic, peppers and onion.
- Bake in oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven and add tomatoes, wine& mushrooms.
- Simmer on stove until blended and heated through.
- Makes a medium thick gravy.
- Great over wild rice and very tender.