Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
a recipe I came up with one night, that was created on my own, Very good.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄3 cup steak sauce
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon oregano, leaves
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- Thaw ground beef.
- Add soy sauce, and barbecue sauce and mix well.
- Add steak sauce, and hot sauce and mix well.
- Add honey and mix well.
- Add breadcrumbs, and mix well.
- Add parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Add garlic salt, minced onion, and oregeno leaves and mix well.
- Shape into 6-8 patties, and bake for 12 minutes each side, in oven, or 6-8 minutes on the barbecue each side.
I made the recipe for 3 burgers (but we made 4). I didn't reduce the soy sauce, but I used half the amount for the barbecue sauce. I used probably only 1 tsp of honey. I used garlic powder instead of garlic salt. The taste of these burgers are great. So yummy. But DH complained that the meat was falling apart easily. I think only my burger was looking good for the photo ;) So next time I may add more breadcrumbs or an egg. Thanks weekend cooker :) Made for PRMR tag game
L L L Love them so juicy and flavorful, I used chipotle BBQ sauce and hot chili garlic as substitutes but the recipe does not specify what steak sauce or bbq sauce or what hot sauce so it up to your imagination and pallet.!
I added an egg BTW and use the old hamburger rule of thumb too dry add an egg. In my case it was very wet added an egg anyways and added breadcrumbs till it was the consistency I wanted Sticky and firm not too dry.
An interesting array of ingredients..but it works...very well!!
I found the mixture to be very wet, even after chilling the patties for a couple of hours. I elected to bake mine in the oven based on this, as I was concerned that they wouldn't hold together on the grill.
They cooked up beautifully, held together and tasted great topped off with a couple of slices of cheese.
DH gave the thumbs up, which is always a good sign!
Good one Doug!!