Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Because these doughnuts are baked, rather than fried, they're MUCH healthier and taste really good too. Freezing recommended
- 75 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon corn oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 75 g caster sugar, plus
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar, for dipping
- 4 tablespoons skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- low-fat cooking spray
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 3/160degC/325 deg F.
- Put all the ingredients, except the cinnamon, extra sugar and the cooking spray, in a bowl and combine well to form a smooth batter.
- Spray the doughnut baking trays with the cooking spray.
- Half fill each doughnut mould with the mixture but be careful not to overfill them otherwise there won't be any holes.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, until risen and firm to touch.
- On a plate, mix the sugar and cinnamon.
- Remove the cooked doughnuts and dip the bottom into the mixture and leave to cool on a wire rack.
hi i am ellen i rock your socks off i hope you enjoy these doughnuts as much as i do!
The taste was yummy, however the texture could have been better. These were more like a cookie, a thick cookie, than a doughnut.
Well...they were OK, but I'm suprised I went with even a 2. I had a 12 doughbut pan, but with this recipe I could only get 10. The whole time I was eating one, which didn't take long I felt like it needed grated apples...or something. Anyone let me know if you have any suggestions.