- 20 stale plain doughnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 quart milk
- 12 eggs, beaten lightly
- 2 cups sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine eggs and milk.
- Add doughnuts, sugar, raisins, and vanilla.
- Stir gently until just mixed.
- Pour into two 9 x 13 inch pans.
- Dot with slices of butter.
- Sprinkle with combined Tablespoons of sugar and cinnamon.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Uncover, bake 45 minutes to 1 hour until set.