Recipe by Lalaloula
These are very easy and quick to make muffins with a great fruity flavour. They are a perfect summer´s day treat. Can be adapted to your personal jam/fruit preference. Edited 3/2/09: In response to Sarah's review I'm posting the conversions into US measurements here as well. However these are naturally a little different from the metric ones. So I'd highly recommend you to check your batter before filling it in and if its too runny add a bit more flour and if its too thick a bit more fluid to get the right consistency.
Top Review by Tisme
I followed the recipe exactly, but I think I may have overmixed the mixture. They tasted great with my homemade strawberry jam, but seemed a little doughy inside, didn't matter the family loved them.
I left half without the extra jam on top for DH he didn't even notice........ he loved them.
I am going to try these again but with blackberry jam instead,(and less mixing)I think the strawberry was a little overly sweet and the blackberry would be really good.
- 280 g flour (2 1/4 cup )
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 100 g sugar (1/2 cup)
- 1 egg
- 75 ml oil (neutral in taste, 5 1/8 tbs)
- 300 ml milk (1 1/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 18 teaspoons jam (whatever type you prefer-I used blackberry-strawberry)
- 18 teaspoons jam
- cinnamon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together flour, baking powder and spices.
- In a big bowl lightly whisk the egg. Add sugar, oil and milk and stir well.
- Add the flour mixture and blend in well (not too long, though).
- Fill half of the dough into a lined muffin pan. Give one small teaspoon full of jam into each mould, then cover with another heap of dough.
- Bake muffins in the pre-heated oven at 180°C (350-375°F) for about 25 minutes.
- Spread the warm muffins with the additional jam and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar (to taste).
- Enjoy! =).