Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this on the back of Clabber Girl baking powder.These are great muffins. I make them for all occasions. Love to make extra and freeze them.
- Beat egg.
- Add in oil and milk and continue to beat until mixed. Set aside.
- Sift flour, nutmeg, salt, baking powder and sugar into the egg mixture.
- Mix and fill muffin cups.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle generously on top of each muffin.
- Add a dollop of butter atop each muffin.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- NOTE: I add a couple of sprinkles of cinnamon to the batter.
- I also sprinkle a little of the cinnamon/sugar mixture on the bottom muffin cups before adding mix.
These are very good. Easy to make. I added the cinnamon to the batter, it was a nice touch. They were kinda like a muffin, and kinda like a coffee cake. We will be making these again!
these muffins were great!
Sorry, these were good but not 5 star worthy. They were good but nothing special. But they were easy and ok, so I give them 3 stars.