Recipe by Sky Valley Cook
A good and easy old fashioned doughnut recipe. My mother used to make for us as children. These will disappear as soon as you make them. Prep time includes frying time.
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- oil (for frying)
- confectioners' sugar or cinnamon sugar, mixture
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Mix in one at a time, egg, milk, and oil, and stir until smooth.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in pan to 365 degrees.
- Drop dough by teaspoons into hot oil, turning after a few seconds.
- Fry until evenly browned.
- Remove with slotted spoon.
- Drain on paper towls.
- Roll in sugar of choice and serve warm.