What to do with those stale doughnuts? If your house is like mine..it doesn't happen very often but when it does it is just too sad to throw them away...so you make bread pudding!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a small glass baking dish.
- 2Tear or cut the donuts into bite-size pieces.
- 3Combine donut pieces and raisins in the prepared baking dish.
- 4In a medium bowl, blend together the eggs, evaporated milk, sugar, vanilla extract and almond extract. Mix in the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 5Pour the milk mixture over the donuts in the dish, and press down lightly to help absorption. Let stand for 15 minutes, or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 6Place the baking dish inside a larger baking dish, and fill the outer dish with enough water to go about halfway up the sides.
- 7Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 8Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Doughnut Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.3
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 134.0 mg
- Sodium 330.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 12.8 g