Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
What to do with those stale doughnuts? If your house is like mine..it doesn't happen very often but when it does it is just too sad to throw them away...so you make bread pudding!
- 4 stale raised glazed doughnuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 2 eggs (room temperature is best)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a small glass baking dish.
- Tear or cut the donuts into bite-size pieces.
- Combine donut pieces and raisins in the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, blend together the eggs, evaporated milk, sugar, vanilla extract and almond extract. Mix in the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour the milk mixture over the donuts in the dish, and press down lightly to help absorption. Let stand for 15 minutes, or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place the baking dish inside a larger baking dish, and fill the outer dish with enough water to go about halfway up the sides.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.