Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Uses chicken puree as a crust. It tastes close to regular crust, but you have to be careful not to overcook the chicken so it does not dry out. I use alot of sauce to balance it out. This helps alot. You could also try some dark meat, or even ground chicken or beef to raise the moisture level. It is a good way to lower your carb intake and raise the protein, which assists in weight loss and muscle building.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, Cooked
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, reduced fat
- 10 ounces tomato sauce, canned
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 ounces black olives, sliced
- 2 ounces turkey pepperoni, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Boil chicken until cooked.
- Combine chicken, eggs, parmesan, and spices in a blender and puree until you've got a fairly thick liquid.
- Coat a pizza pan or cookie sheet and pour mixture into pan spreading so that it's an even thickness.
- Spread tomato sauce evenly over crust.
- Add, pepperoni, mozzarella, mushrooms, peppers, onion and olives.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted and toppings cooked.
The "crust" was disgusting. The texture was fluffy and just didn't have a good taste. Had to throw about 3/4 of the pie away.