Recipe by Tish
I kept reading about dough enhancer but couldn't find it in any of our stores. A dough enhancer is a powder that is supposed to make your dough smoother and is what commercial bakers often use to obtain the smooth textured bread you buy in the store. My bread doesn't last long since we eat it quickly, but it is supposed to help with shelf life as well!
Top Review by sweezea5
I looked everywhere for dough enhancer and couldn't find it, then I tried this recipe. What a difference it makes in the final product! My whole grain bread is baking up lighter and fluffier with an awesome texture. My kids now what homemade bread instead of the store bought stuff!
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 cups wheat gluten
- 2 teaspoons powdered ginger (you will not taste it)
- 4 tablespoons dry pectin
- 4 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 4 tablespoons lecithin granules
- 1 tablespoon ascorbic acid, crystals