Recipe by Jezski
Love the name Dough Bellies! EatnPark is a well-liked local family restaurant in Western PA and Ohio. Some years ago, this appeared in a cookbook of employee's favorite recipes. It is a delicious time-saver.
Top Review by Gerry
AWESOME! My first apple dumplings baked in a pan and so not my last. Couldn't wait to try these - hot from the oven made for my supper! The rest our dessert. Unbelievably delicious! I made my dough in the bread maker -warmed the milk to room temperature - placed the twelve in a 9x13 pan (only because my 11 x7's in the freezer) - the 9x13 worked well. They were nicely browned in 30 minutes. What a taste treat, the bottoms dumpling like the top a wonderful bun with a touch of sweet. I can't wait to serve this for brunch and for coffee hours. Thank you - this ones filed in my Family Favourites and in my Brunch cookbooks.
- 1 lb loaf frozen sweet roll dough
- 2 large apples, peeled, cut in sixths
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light cream or 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Use an 11 x 7 greased pan.
- Let dough thaw, then pull pieces (about 12) off and form around pieces of apple.
- Put the dough and apple balls in baking pan that has been greased with butter or oleo, slightly touching each other. Let rise for a half hour.
- Mix cream and sugar together and pour over the top of the dough. Sprinkle with a little cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until nicely browned.