Recipe by s'kat
After hours and hours of travel in a cramped car, these cookies are the closest thing to heaven I have tasted!
Top Review by Jangomango
These are heavenly good. I made the dough and sent it off to be cooked by 4 teenagers, a rather risky endeavour at the best of times. They succeeded wildly and saved 1 (oh, joy - 1!) for me to sample. It was really scrumptious. This recipe obviously has been very carefully worked out, and I changed nothing, nor felt it needed any changing. It's perfect.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F (175*C).
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter in large bowl.
- Add both sugars and beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir in flour mixture, mixing well.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts and stir to just combine.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls on non-stick baking pans, 2 to 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Cool; transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
- Store in tightly sealed container.