Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
By far the best cookies you will ever eat.
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- Grind oats in a food processor or blender until fine. Combine the ground oats with the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Cream together the butter, sugars, vanilla, and lemon juice in another medium bowl with an electric mixer. Add the eggs and mix until smooth. Stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture and blend well. Add the chocolate chips and nuts to the dough and mix by hand until ingredients are well blended.
- For the best results, chill the dough overnight in the refrigerator before baking the cookies.
- Spoon rounded 1/4 cup portions onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Place the scoops about 2 inches apart. Bake in a 350°F oven for 16-18 minutes or until cookies are light brown and soft in the middle. Store in a sealed container when cool to keep soft.
This recipe clone is from Even More Top Secret Recipes by Todd Wilbur: topsecretrecipes.com