Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
Not quite like the hotel's recipe, but close enough.
Top Review by Billerbabe
I found this recipe years ago on Foodgeeks.com and I have always LOVED IT! A few modifications that are extremely yummy... 1) add 1/4 tsp of nutmeg and 1/8 - 1/4 tsp of ginger 2) In place of 1 cup of chocolate chips add 1 cup toffee chips 3) Don't need to chill dough...just cook to 16 minutes
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind oats in a food processor or blender until fine. Combine the ground oats with the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Cream together the butter, sugars, vanilla, and lemon juice in another medium bowl with an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs and mix until smooth. Stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture and blend well.
- Add the chocolate chips and nuts to the dough and mix by hand until ingredients are well blended.
- For the best results, chill the dough overnight in the refrigerator before baking the cookies.
- Spoon rounded 1/4 cup portions onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Place the scoops about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in a 350 F oven for 16-18 minutes or until cookies are light brown and soft in the middle.
- Store in a sealed container when cool to keep soft.