Recipe by Chef en Virginie
from a William's & Sonoma kid's cookbook
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Am gonna keep this recipe around for a while ~ Lots of possibilities in this one! As written, it's a nice way to enjoy French toast, just don't spread the jam too close to the edges or you'll have jam in the skillet! Another time I can see slicing a couple of strawberries to include, or adding a slice of cheddar (OR cheddar & chunky applesauce), or . . . Thanks for sharing!
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread jelly on one slice of bread; use other slice to make a sandwhich.
- Break egg into a shallow bowl. Add milk and beat until blended.
- Turn jelly-sandwhich in egg mixture until all liquid is absorbed by both sides of the sandwhich.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat, and fy sandwhich until underside is golden brown (2 minutes.).
- Flip over to 2nd side and repeat.