Recipe by Miss Annie
This recipe uses dried green chile and fresh green chile. If you can't find the dried green chile, just make it a "whammy" dip. Use pure green chile powder (no additives). Cooking time is minimum refrigerator time. Recipe is from one of my favorite cookbooks, Texas Home Cooking by Bill and Cheryl Jamison.
- 1 ounce green chili powder, new mexican
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 tablespoon green chili pepper, roasted,fresh or frozen
- 2 cloves garlic, roasted and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine green chile powder with the sour cream.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to develop flavors.
- Keeps well for 3 or 4 days.
- NOTE: to roast garlic, place individual cloves, with skins on, in a heavy skillet over low heat.
- Turn and shake skillent until the skins darken on all sides and the cloves are softened.