Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
These rolls were reviewed on another board and given high raves as the best tasting and light rolls she has ever had. The recipe did not state, but I am guessing that this makes about 36 rolls. Recipe from Southern Living
- 2⁄3 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup dried instant instant potato flakes
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages yeast
- 1⁄4 cup beer, room temperature
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 4 1⁄2 cups bread flour, divided
- Remove and reserve 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Cook remaining sugar, 1/3 cup butter and next 3 ingredients in medium saucepan over medium low heat, stirring constantly until butter melts.
- Cool to 110°.
- Stir together yeast, beer and reserved 1 tablespoon sugar in a 2 cup measuring cup and let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine milk mixture and yeast mixture and stir in egg.
- Gradually stir in 4 cups flour - dough will be very stiff.
- Turn dough out on lightly floured boad and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Grease top and let rise 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Make into cloverleaf rolls and place in greased muffin tins; let rise til doubled.
- Bake for 15 -18 minutes.
- Brush with butter.