Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Excellent for spareribs, chicken and steak. Really good
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, broken up
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup dark molasses
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon hickory smoke salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- In large saucepan heat butter, add onion and garlic. Saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Store in a covered jar in refridgerator.
- This will keep for about 2-3 weeks.
- Makes 4 cups.