1 hr 5 mins
Here's a change from the same old, same old. The fennel gives this recipe a nicely different flavor. We served it over brown rice but pasta or potatoes would be equally good. We also used 8 small chicken thighs in place of the chicken pieces.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 lbs skinless chicken pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1Dredge chicken pieces in flour.
- 2In large non-stick skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken about 4 minutes on each side.
- 3Transfer to plate, keep warm.
- 4Drain fat from skillet.
- 5Add remaining oil to pan; reduce heat to medium.
- 6Add onion, garlic, oregano, fennel seed and hot pepper flakes; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- 7Add wine, diced tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper; boil for 5 minutes.
- 8Return chicken to pan; cook uncovered, basting chicken often, until juices run clear, about 20-25 minutes.
- 9Sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Tomato Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.1
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 103.4 mg
- Sodium 514.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 35.0 g