Recipe by Little Bee
These are really good! I always make two batches of these since the go so quickly!
Top Review by Charlotte J
I liked the two types of tomatoes and the balsamic vinegar used in this recipe. I would have to say, if you do not like balsamic vinegar, you may want to add less when making this. Make sure you drain the tomato mixture so the baguette does not get soggy. I'd also toast each side of the baguette. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag 2011
- 1 French baguette
- 6 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, stems removed aand finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven on broiler setting.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the roma tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt and pepper.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
- Cut the baguette into 3/4 inch slices.
- On a baking sheet, arrange the baguette slices in a single layer.
- Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly brown.
- Divide the tomato mixture evenly over the baguette slices.
- Top the slices with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.