1/1 Photo of Double Tomato & Brie Sandwiches
1 hr 35 mins
*That Girl*'s Note:
I got this recipe out of Good Housekeeping Magazine years ago. It has been a hit every time I make it. Great for any picnic or gathering plain or fancy. Please note that cook time is refrigeration time. Also, this makes 16 main dish servings, but you can slice smaller and serve as an appetizer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In small bowl, combine dried tomatoes, olive oil and vinegar.
- 2Cut each loaf of Italian bread horizontally in half.
- 3Evenly spread dried tomato mixture on cut sides of bread.
- 4Arrange Brie on bottom halves of both loaves and top with tomato slices and basil leaves.
- 5Replace tops of loaves.
- 6Slice each loaf into eight pieces.
- 7Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 8Note: I think this sandwich tastes best when allowed to sit in the refrigerator for about an hour or so for all the flavors to blend well.
- 9Also, I like the sun-dried tomatoes packed in lightly salted olive oil and herbs.
- 10If you use the unseasoned variety, you may want to lightly salt the tomatoes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Tomato & Brie Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.1
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 28.4 mg
- Sodium 377.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar