Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
This recipe comes from The Sugar Solution book. This recipe sounded so yummy, that I just had to share. I love sun dried tomatoes and having them in an omelette sounded great!
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Place the sun-dried tomatoes in a small dish. Add boiling water to voer and let stand for 15 minutes, or until softened. Drain the tomatoes and chop. In a small bowl, combine the sun-dried and plum tomatoes, bacon, and goat cheese. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egs, egg whites, water, scallions, salt, and pepper until slightly frothy.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add half of the egg mixture and cook for 2 minutues, occasionally lift the edges of the egg mixture with a spatual and tilting the pan, allowing the uncooked mixture to flow underneath.
- When the eggs are almost set, spook half ot eh tomato mixture down the center of the egg. Loosen the edges of the omelette with a spatual and fold the two sides over the filling. Slide out onto a warm plate. Replate with remaining oil and egg and tomato mixture.