Recipe by Hazeleyes
This coffee cake really packs a wallop of extra streusel flavor! A family favorite. Easy to double recipe for a 9x13" pan.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the sugar.
- Blend the 1/4 cup oil into the flour and sugar mixture until it is like cornmeal texture.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, milk and vanilla.
- Add to the flour mixture. Stir only enough to mix.
- Pour 1/2 mixture in a greased 8" pan.
- Combine the streusel ingredients, and sprinkle 1/2 of the streusel on the cake batter.
- Add remaining batter on top, and sprinkle with the other 1/2 streusel.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- You may drizzle with a thin powdered sugar icing, if desired.