Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This coffee cake really packs a wallop of extra streusel flavor! A family favorite. Easy to double recipe for a 9x13" pan.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons flour
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the sugar.
- Blend the 1/4 cup oil into the flour and sugar mixture until it is like cornmeal texture.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, milk and vanilla.
- Add to the flour mixture. Stir only enough to mix.
- Pour 1/2 mixture in a greased 8" pan.
- Combine the streusel ingredients, and sprinkle 1/2 of the streusel on the cake batter.
- Add remaining batter on top, and sprinkle with the other 1/2 streusel.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- You may drizzle with a thin powdered sugar icing, if desired.
Fantastic! I made this as written, but baked it in a 9" springform pan. It made a beautiful presentation, and the glaze drizzled on top gave it that extra YUM! Thanks :)
I made this recipe on 6/8/11 for the "June Is Baked Goods Month" event in the Photo Forum.The recipe,except for the glaze was made exactly as it was written. Bake time was " right on the money ".At first I thought the amount of streusel ingredients were going to be too much,but it was perfect.The light sweetness of the cake part blended perfectly with the topping. This will be made again. Thank you for taking time to post and, " Keep Smiling :) "
This is a wonderful coffee cake recipe and exactly what I was looking for! I made it before church on Sunday and it was still warm when my family devored it afterward. I omitted the icing too and it was perfectly sweet without it. I will definitely make this for my family again.