Hey Jude's Note:
Another recipe I've discovered in my quest to find reasons to use oven-dried tomatoes. This was developed in the Chicago Tribune test kitchen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried tomatoe
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 pinch ground red pepper or 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 12 slices thick smoked bacon
- 8 slices sesame semolina bread or 8 slices other firm bread
- 4 leaves lettuce, such as leaf or 4 leaves bibb lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced thin
- 8 leaves fresh basil or 8 sprigs cilantro
- 1Mix mayonnaise, dried tomatoes, chopped basil, and ground red pepper in a small bowl.
- 2Cook bacon in a large skillet or on a foil-lined baking sheet in a 375°F oven until crisp.
- 3Drain well.
- 4Spread mayonnaise mixture over one side of each bread slice.
- 5Top four of the slices with a lettuce leaf; divide tomato slices over lettuce.
- 6Top lettuce with 3 strips of bacon and 2 basil leaves.
- 7Cover each with 1 slice bread.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double-T BLT
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.5
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 34.0 mg
- Sodium 1180.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 14.4 g