Prep 0 mins
Cook 55 mins
you can sub the tart crust for a pre-made puff pastry dough if you want.
Almond Tart Shell
- 473.18 ml blanched almond flour
- 59.14 ml butter, cubed, chilled
- 1 egg white
- 1.23 ml sea salt
Cream Cheese Filling
- 113.39 g cream cheese, softened
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 29.58 ml orange zest
- 4 large peaches, pitted, skin-on and sliced thinly
- 14.79 ml flour
- 14.79 ml sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- For the Almond Tart Shell: combine all tart ingredients in a stand mixer and mix with the paddle attachment until the it resembles small peas or corn meal. Dump the dough into an 8-in round or 13 X 3.5-in rectangular tart shell pan, pressing dough into bottom and up sides with your fingers to form a nice crust. Bake for about 35 minutes or until the shell turns a light golden brown. Set aside to cool before filling.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, gently toss peach slices with flour, sugar, and salt.
- In another bowl, cream together cream cheese, sugar, egg and orange zest. Spread, very carefully, in a thin layer over the tart shell.
- Arrange the fruit and its mixture either in rows on top of the pastry or, for a more rustic look, pile it on top and then spread it out with your hands until even.
- Bake, loosely tented with foil, until fruit has softened for about 20 minutes depending on your oven so check it regularly from 10 minutes on. Remove from oven.
- Brush the tart border and the fruit with the warm marmalade and turn the oven to broil and let it cook for another minute – just long enough to get a nice caramelized glaze but not long enough to burn.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Let cool to room temperature. Cut into pieces and enjoy!