the mix'n vix'n's Note:
you can sub the tart crust for a pre-made puff pastry dough if you want.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Almond Tart Shell
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2For the Almond Tart Shell: combine all tart ingredients in a stand mixer and mix with the paddle attachment until the it resembles small peas or corn meal. Dump the dough into an 8-in round or 13 X 3.5-in rectangular tart shell pan, pressing dough into bottom and up sides with your fingers to form a nice crust. Bake for about 35 minutes or until the shell turns a light golden brown. Set aside to cool before filling.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large bowl, gently toss peach slices with flour, sugar, and salt.
- 4In another bowl, cream together cream cheese, sugar, egg and orange zest. Spread, very carefully, in a thin layer over the tart shell.
- 5Arrange the fruit and its mixture either in rows on top of the pastry or, for a more rustic look, pile it on top and then spread it out with your hands until even.
- 6Bake, loosely tented with foil, until fruit has softened for about 20 minutes depending on your oven so check it regularly from 10 minutes on. Remove from oven.
- 7Brush the tart border and the fruit with the warm marmalade and turn the oven to broil and let it cook for another minute – just long enough to get a nice caramelized glaze but not long enough to burn.
- 8Remove from oven and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- 9Let cool to room temperature. Cut into pieces and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Stuffed Peach Almond Tart
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.9
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 72.1 mg
- Sodium 246.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 20.8 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: