Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These looked wonderful, not sure on the apple fiber though- will try with applesauce and post results.
- 1 1⁄2 cups oat bran
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup apple, fiber (sauce)
- skim milk, if needed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup (originally canola oil)
- 2 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen, preferably unsweetened, I used fresh)
- 3 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper cups or spray them with Pam.
- In a large mixing bowl or in the food processor, combine oat bran, apple fiber, and baking soda (I just stirred with a spoon). Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Place in a blender or food processor 1 cup of the strawberries with the sugar and puree until smooth.
- Measure the strawberry puree; if it does not measure 1 cup, add enough skim milk to bring it to that level.
- Dice remaining strawberries.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the strawberry puree and the corn syrup, and stir this into the dry ingredients to combine thoroughly.
- Stir in the chopped strawberries.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold them into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes.
You know when you cook something and it's not very good but you think "Hey, if I just add a little salt and pepper this will be edible.." ya these weren't even close to that good..sorry but maybe I did something wrong! They just had no taste!