Recipe by mersaydees
Based on a recipe from Doctors Roizen’s and Oz’s book, You the Owner’s Manual. This benefits your body’s hormones because, “Potassium and antioxidants in strawberries have been shown to help regulate blood pressure, which plays a key role in many hormonal functions.”
Top Review by ElaineAnn
Made half this recipe today for lunch. Had to use frozen strawberries this time of year, but will be making again in June when I can get oodles of fresh berries. Thanks for sharing mersaydees. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2011.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free soymilk or 1⁄2 cup light soymilk or 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 pinch vanilla flavoring
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry sorbet
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend strawberries and milk together in blender until fairly smooth.
- Add sorbet; blend until smooth and thick.
- Decrease simple carbohydrate load by adding a scoop of soy protein powder with one tablespoon of flaxseed oil; or, add 1 cup of canned pineapple chunks (stored in water) or 1 cup frozen mango chunks as a substitute for the sorbet.