Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This recipe was a finalist in the Pilsbury Bake-Off this year (2006). This sounds easy and delicious! I can't say I have made this one yet, but I will be trying it soon. Cooking time includes cooling and freezing times.
- 2 big deluxe classic white chocolate chunk macadamia nut cookies, uncooked (from an 18 oz. package)
- 1 cup strawberry ice cream
- 1 cup frozen strawberries, partially thawed
- 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 2 Hershey chocolate kisses, for garnish and still wrapped
- Heat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place the cookie dough rounds 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 14-18 min, or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool for 3 min; remove from cookie sheet and cool completely, about 15 minute.
- Place 1/2 cup of the strawberry ice cream on top of each cookie.
- Place them 4-5 inches apart on the same cookie sheet, cover loosely and freeze until hardened, at least 1 1/2 hours or until serving time.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix strawberries and jam; refrigerate.
- To serve: Heat oven to 450ºF.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer on high speed until foamy.
- Gradually beat in the cugar until stiff peaks form.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Spread egg white mixture over ice cream on each cookie, covering the ice cream and cookie edge completely.
- Bake for 4-6 min or just until meringue is lightly browned.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet; place on individual dessert plates.
- Place strawberries from sauce on side of each dessert; spoon some of the sauce over the tops.
- Drizzle each with the chocolate syrup and place one un-wrapped kiss on each plate.
- Serve immediately.