Recipe by conniecooks
Great on a cold night. Very appealing to Teens, and other young people. Great for potlucks.
- 2 cups regular sour cream
- 4 (4 1/2 ounce) cans diced green chilies, drained (or 3 Jalapeno peppers seeded & minced)
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cooked chicken, diced (turkey or deli rotisserie chicken can be used)
- 6 ounces roasted red peppers, drained (or three homemade roasted red peppers)
- 1 bunch coriander (or parsley)
- 8 ounces Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 10 (7 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl stir together sour cream, chilies, green onions, garlic, paprika, cumin and salt.
- Cut or tear chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Cut peppers into large strips.
- Cut coriander or parsley leaves coarsely (you should have about 3 cups).
- Stir peppers and 1 cup each of coriander and cheese into sour cream mixture.
- Spray 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Completely cover bottom of pan with a single layer of tortillas, do not overlap, use scissors to cut them to fit.
- Spread 1/3 of sour cream mixture on tortillas.
- Spoon 1 cup of salsa evenly on top. do not mix as the colours look nicer if they remain separate.
- Repeat layering, cutting tortillas and not overlapping.
- For final layer use two tortillas only, and fill in spaces if you have cut bits left.(does not have to be completely covered).
- Spread with remaining sour cream mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup coriander (or parsley).
- Then sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- Bake at 350°F covered for 25 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake until bubbly and cheese is melted (15 to 20 minutes).
- Sprinkle with remaining coriander (or parsley).
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.