Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use the Spinach Dumpling Dough recipe. From Veggie Life.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon potato starch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 dried shiitake mushrooms, caps reconstituted and chopped
- 3 tablespoons diced water chestnuts
- 1⁄4 cup cooked spinach or 1⁄4 cup thawed frozen spinach, water pressed out
- 3 tablespoons minced carrots
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 4 teaspoons corn oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- Note: The zaar computer does not like this ingredient. Include this in recipe.
- 1/4 cup white snow fungus, soaked, chopped.
- Whisk the stock, potato starch, soy sauce, sugar, and salt together then set aside.
- In wok or skillet with oil over med high heat stir fry the fungus, mushrooms, water chestnuts, spinach, carrots and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add shao shing, if using, and stock mixture.
- Stir until mixed and thickened.
- Stir in scallion and cilantro. Set filling aside to cool.
- Fill, roll, and steam dumplings.
- Quarter the dough and roll each quarter into fat cylinder. Cut each into 8 pieces [about 1 heaping tbsp each] Roll pieces into smooth balls.
- Lighltly oil a rolling pin and wok surface. Roll and press a ball to form a 4 inch circle. Bring edges up over filliing and pinch together. Pleat one side as you pinch to form a fat crescent. Repeat with rest.
- TO steam:.
- Lighly spray a bamboo steamer. Pour water into wok about 1 inch below where the steamer will sit. Bring to boil [keep hot water handy to replenish if needed].
- Place in steamer close but not touching. Cover with towel, fold a small square so it won't touch the dumplings, flame or heating element. Place lid over towel and steam for 4 minutes. You want them to be translucent.