Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My favorite Aunt used to make this every summer when we would come to visit. Quick and easy but tastes oh so elegent. I've adapted the recipe over the years as products have been harder to find.
- 3 cups cooked crinkly noodles
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of shrimp soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup Kraft mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup kraft shredded natural cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked shrimp (peeled, deveined)
- 1 (5 ounce) can chow mein noodles
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- In large bowl combine soup, milk, mayonnaise, celery, onion and salt; mix well.
- Stir in cheese, shrimp and drained noodles.
- Place in lightly greased 1-1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered 350º for 30-35 minutes.
- Top with chow mein noodles; bake additional 10 minutes.
Very tasty casserole! I had to make a few adjustments - after checking multiple stores I could not find cream of shrimp soup anywhere locally and to purchase online was cost prohibitive, so I used cream of mushroom and added about 1/3-1/2 cup extra shrimp. I left out the celery and added extra green onion. As I was in the process of making this I discovered that what I thought was a package of wide egg noodles in the cupboard was actually fine egg noodles so I used those with some shell pasta for the "chunkier" texture. I also couldn't find chow mein noodles, only rice noodles. I used low fat soup, mayo & cheese and skim milk and you couldn't tell it wasn't all full-fat. This was very easy and will certainly be made again (hopefully with more of the correct ingredients next time!) Thanks for posting!
What are "crinkly noodles"?
I didn't have any celery or onion so i just threw in some frozen corn. I added some extra milk and cheese. Also, i didnt have chow mein noodles so I used the crispy fried onions for topping. Excellent! ! Thank you!