Recipe by LuuvBunny
This recipe is from the Mrs. Field's Cookie Book. These cookies are very chocolaty, very tasty. They smell like brownies when they're in the oven. The only change I made was that I did not use my electric mixer to blend in the flour and chocolate chips mixture. I just used a wooden spoon,I figured the dough would be too heavy for the mixer, I was right. Some extra elbow grease needed but well worth it.
Top Review by lilsweetie
Great, soft cookie, kinda like a brownie cookie. Remember to use natural, not Dutch cocoa in this recipe because of the baking soda. I used a mix of white, milk, semisweet and Smarties totaling 2 cups. Also threw in some nuts. Yum!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, soda and cocoa powder.
- Mix well with a wire whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl blend sugars with an electric mixer at medium speed.
- Add butter and beat to form a grainy paste.
- Scrape down sides of bowl, then add eggs and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture and chocolate chips and blend at low speed just until combined.
- Do not overmix.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets, 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 21-23 minutes.
- Transfer cookies with a spatula to a cool surface.